Monday, July 12, 2010

Remembering A Special Man

On July 12, 2010, I lost a very special person in my life. My father passed away. For nine months, since he had a stroke in October, 2009, he had been bedridden and suffered much pain. I am thankful now that his suffering is over. He was a deeply dedicated Christian and knew Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord.

He was born a son of textile workers and grew up in Kannapolis, North Carolina. He wanted to join the Army in World War II but was turned down because of a punctured eardrum. He attended college,where he met my mother. They married soon after graduation. They raised five children,of whom I am number four. My dad was a hard worker and taught us all the value of a dollar. He instilled in us a love of nature,of flowers,trees,birds,and all of God's creation. My dad had a zest for life and had a great sense of humor. He loved his wife,children,and grandchildren. He was very attached with his dog Beau and the feeling was mutual. He was very passionate about such things as gardening and eating.

My father was a very friendly man with a great personality. He never met a stranger. He was everybody's friend and could talk about anything with anybody he met.

I will never forget the lessons he taught me and the times he helped me out. I will always be grateful for those things. His advice was sound and has helped me immensely. One of his favorite sayings is something I live by,that a person who won't be beat can't be beat. Thank you,Daddy. I love you. I miss you very much but at least knowing someday we will be together again.